Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Fall of '29

Here is my first film! Let me know what you think. The song, "The Fall of '29" is sung by an early country and Western band, The Light Crust Doughboys" I couldn't transcribe the entire song- the audio is admittedly poor- but here are the first two stanzas.

Well hello there, Mr. Ice Man

Where have I seen your face?

Please don't try to tease me Mister

just because I lost the race.

I was working as a banker worth a million for a time

but I lost the whole Caboodle

In the Fall of 29

In the Fall of 29

That's when we started sliding

In a call for 50/50

you lost yours and I lost mine

But it made us all more human

In the Fall of 29


Hey there Mr. Taxi driver

Where have I seen you before?

Listen buddy I'm the fella

who'd stocks and bonds galore

My office was on Wall Street

Everything was going fine

when my stocks and bonds all vanished

in the Fall of 29

1 comment:

  1. Nomad, you did a wonderful job.

    I loved looking at those old photos and thinking what those people must of experienced.

    Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from visitors to Nomadic View. What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails