After listening to Obama’s speech in Egypt yesterday, I was amazed to hear how dismissive regional leaders seemed to be. I was very discouraged how leaders seem intent on continuing the sad cycles, repeating history and the same mistakes.
In order to help them in this folly, I have decided to give them a short list of excuses to use in order to reject any prospect for peace and security.
1. It is a waste of time to even think about it.
2. It is not realistic.
3. We have tried it before.
4. We didn’t start this. They did.
5. First, they must do it. Then we will.
6. It can not be done.
7. Why should WE compromise?
8. We are victims. They are the problem-makers.
9. Who will pay for it?
10. There will never be peace in the Middle East until they are destroyed.
11. They are not human.
12. They cannot be trusted.
I am sure this is not a comprehensive list but it is a very good start. Anyway, how many excuses does one need to destroy the world?