Saturday, February 6, 2010

Nomadic View Art Gallery

1a34426u

In a gala  opening that can only be described as "glitzy" and "swank," Nomadic View Art Gallery officially opened its doors to art lovers around the world.   Critics marveled as champagne flowed and caviar was served on Ritz crackers with exotic chicken salad finger-sandwiches donated by Bette's Grill (Thanks, Bets!). The crowd-pleasing music was provided by Sylvester "Bud" Solomon's Swing Harmonica Ensemble. Poet and Performance artist Lillian Leighton kicked things off with a lively impromptu dance interpretation loosely based on a Russian folk tale, "The Princess Frog." 

"Any artists or photographers who are looking for an online venue, "says NVAG's co-curator, Lance Lyde, "can contact Nomadic View by email and we can discuss arranging a show."  

Amanda Reckonwit, NVAG's other curator, "We are also open to all ideas, including video artists and podcast poetry readings. Anything is possible." 

You can find the Nomadic View Art Gallery page in the site directory menu. NVAG is hosted by wix.com.

10 comments:

  1. I dont know what is inside your galery but the photo is very good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger now offers PAGES so I added a few for my Nomadic View Magazine and the Gallery. You can see them on the menu at the top of the sidebar. Or you can go to the page by clicking on this link.
    http://nomadicjoe.blogspot.com/p/nomadic-view-art-gallery.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking gallery Nomad! I wanted to stop by for a visit, but also to thank you so sincerely for all of your great comments on my blog....you really made me smile this morning. And a toast to someone else who lived in their car for awhile! (Of course with a name like yours, I'm not surprised!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Cathy. Truly the pleasure was all mine. I hope I can entice you to become a follower to the blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nomad, I love the art gallery concept! I have a question about your pieces. Do you create actual paintings or is your artwork digitally created? Regardless of the technique, I really like your style. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The paintings you see are all digital. When I get around to it, I will have them printed on canvas from a local shop here. Of course, I have been oil painting all my life and I will ask the curators if they can display a couple of them for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be lovely. I've always admired those who have a talent for painting or drawing. I am a complete zero in those disciplines!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You obviously make up for that with charm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, shucks. Now you're making me blush. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is this gallery in Turkey? It looks like a place I would definitely visit. Cheers! And congratulations on the opening.

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from visitors to Nomadic View. What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails