Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Crossing the Bay of Izmir

Izmir Bay Smyrna Σμύρνα

There's nothing like a ferry crossing to put you in a meditative mood. The fluttering sound of the wind and the light shimmering off the sea. The gentle sway of the boat and the details of the opposite shore growing more and more detailed. All and all, it was a glorious autumn day in Izmir. The sky was intensely blue with streaks of high clouds.  They say it will probably rain tomorrow but at least, today was nearly perfect.  The crossing of the bay was a particularly nice moment and it made me feel lucky to be alive.

Flickr Tags: ,,

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, impressive! Did you take this photo? No any blue is like Izmir's. I know Izmir is calling me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Nihal. Yes, I took this one yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful...wish I had been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog. As a recent arrival in Manisa, I'm sort of thinking I should move to Izmir instead. As a result came across your blog and am really enjoying it.

    You might like some of my Manisa centric stuff though....Last week, Tarzan of Manisa...

    http://www.vagobond.com

    All the best and thanks for the great blog,

    Vago

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from visitors to Nomadic View. What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails