Friday, March 4, 2011

Homage to Elizabeth

Elizabeth  Taylor Mosaic

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Happy Birthday to Elizabeth Taylor  who turned 79 last Sunday. Taylor, whose health has been poor in recent years, reportedly watched the Oscars from her hospital bed. 

For the past five years, Taylor has been using a wheelchair due to chronic pain after breaking her back four times. In addition to congestive heart failure, she has also had to deal with three hip-replacement operations, a benign brain tumor, skin cancer and pneumonia, according to Reuters. What a fighter.

I thought I would take some time and create this mosaic in homage to Ms. Taylor and wish her better health.  As a personal message to Liz, thanks so much for dedicating your life for our enjoyment.  It's hard for me to choose my favorite Liz Taylor film. "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"? "Giant"? The dark melodrama "Suddenly Last Summer"?  Or one film I have grown to respect over time, "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"

Oh I can't decide. Oh, and you were so sweet in "Father of the Bride." and "A Place in the Sun"- how could I have forgotten that one. So many gems and such a great gift to the world..

1 comment:

  1. You missed out National Velvet -- that really was one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete

Always great to hear from visitors to Nomadic View. What's on your mind?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails